I'm a Creative Director. As a Creative, I translate complex requirements into elegant experiences. As a Director, I create a great working environment for teams to do great work.
Direct Capital, a Division of CIT Bank, N.A.
Vice President, Creative
Mar 2016 - Present
Mar 2014 - Mar 2016
UX Design Lead
Feb 2013 - Mar 2014
- Lead a team of creative and UX professionals to execute business requests from across CIT.
- Gather requirements from key stakeholders and turn them into intuitive information architecture and actionable UI designs
- Collaborate with developers and a broad interdisciplinary team to solve complex technical challenges
- Established and facilitated a "test early, test often," data-driven UX process.
- Advocate for usability and user-centered design throughout CIT, including design and consulting for internal and external interfaces
Aug 2010 - Feb 2013
- Lead teams to create cohesive experiences for national brands and campaigns
- Responsible for conceptualization, user experience, design, illustration, animation, and other duties as assigned
- Worked on multiple, concurrent projects with internal teammates, contractors, and vendors
Roaming Troll Creative
Jan 2009 - Aug 2010
- Successfully worked as a freelance digital producer, illustrator, designer, Flash developer, and general creative
- Worked with agencies or directly for brands as needed
York County Community College
Jan 2009 - May 2010
- Taught Introduction to Illustration,Introduction to Digital Imaging, and Introduction to Typography
Creative Director of Animation
Jun 2006 - Dec 2008
Nov 2002 - Jun 2006
Jun 2002 - Nov 2002
- Led a team to create award-winning, story-driven commercials, marketing videos, and short ﬁlms
- Conceptualized, wrote, and pitched ideas before piloting them to ﬁnal execution
- Managed, planned, and organized timelines and budget
- Created and animated characters, props, and motion graphics for commercial use
Bachelor of Arts in New Media
University of Maine, Orono
1998 - 2002
- Participated in the innovative ASAP media program from 2000 - 2002.
On The Side
- Orconomics: A Satire (2014): Wrote and independently published an award-winning, best selling satire.
- Live Free or Die (2010): “The Spiral,” a short story, published in a horror anthology.
- Tweet (2009): Wrote, crewed, and animated for the 2009 NH 48 Hour Film Project Winner.
- Endurance Challenge: Mordred's Isle (2008): Co-wrote and co-directed Hatchling Studios' web series starring Billy West. Screened at 4 festivals and won 2 awards.
- The Toll (2006): Wrote and directed Hatchling Studios' first animated shorts, attending over 50 festivals and winning 8 awards worldwide.
10 years, 10 months in digital media and arts. (Give or take a few days.)
- HTML / CSS
- Interaction Design
- Web Design
“Zack knows his stuff. He's talented, easy to work with, and an asset to any team.”
Heartwood Media Inc.
- SoftImage XSI
- Final Draft
Print away. This page is printer friendly.